Bothered by debt? We’re here to help!
A major factor that contributes to an individual choosing to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy is because of how fast it can clear your debt. Even though you may be eligible for other bankruptcy chapters, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition provides the quickest way to debt relief and getting back to your normal life. Unfortunately, there are certain situations that may prevent you from filing bankruptcy under Chapter 7 even if you want to. That’s why finding out who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy in St Charles MO is a key step to getting rid of your debts.
Losing a source of income, family problems, medical emergencies, accidents, existing credit card debt, and other sudden events are some of the reasons that cause you to struggle financially. Filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy provides a chance for you to get back on your feet quickly while not worrying about constantly getting calls from debt collectors.
If you want reliable information on who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy in St Charles MO, you will certainly gain so much from hiring an experienced Missouri bankruptcy attorney. With legal representation from us at Westbrook Law Group, LLC, we’ll do our best to maximize your time and resources. Give our law firm a call immediately to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with a skilled bankruptcy attorney!
Why Do I Need A Missouri Bankruptcy Attorney?
It doesn’t matter how much you need to pay back your creditors; going through the entire bankruptcy proceedings will stress out even the most mentally-tough people. But regardless of how you feel about your situation, there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t ask for help from people who can. If you allow a bankruptcy lawyer to deal with the complex areas of the bankruptcy process, you’re a step closer to attaining the fresh start you desperately need.
Apart from having someone that gives great legal advice on who and who can’t file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in St Charles MO, you’ll have a bankruptcy lawyer who:
- Experienced in helping all clients recover financially through bankruptcy.
- Educates every client on handling debt obligations properly, no matter how burdensome.
- It is committed to Missouri bankruptcy law and advocates for the rights of everyone suffering from financial problems.
- Will carefully walk you through each step of the bankruptcy process while making sure you use all your resources wisely
- Assists each individual or group in protecting their assets and other things which are of great value to them.
If debt constantly gives you sleepless nights, speak with a St. Charles, MO bankruptcy attorney by contacting Westbrook Law Group, LLC today so avail of a FREE initial consultation with dependable debtor education.
What is Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Also known as liquidation bankruptcy, the process of Chapter 7 bankruptcy involves the gathering and selling of an individual’s property that are not protected by bankruptcy exemptions. Because of this, Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing will most probably result in you losing a lot of assets. This proves that you first must know who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy in St Charles MO and which of your assets are able to receive bankruptcy protection.
To be eligible for filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Missouri, an individual has to:
- Appear before the bankruptcy court and follow orders within 180 days of submitting the petition
- Complete a credit counseling course within 180 days of submitting the bankruptcy petition
- Pass the Chapter 7 bankruptcy means test
- Have been determined to qualify for filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy based on the totality of the circumstances
In order to get more information on the eligibility requirements for Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing and who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy St Charles MO, talk to a bankruptcy attorney right away!
Who Can’t File For Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Knowing who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy in St Charles MO has to be one of the first things you need to determine before you begin to fill out the bankruptcy forms needed for your petition. In case you were determined not to be qualified to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing, you have a lot more time to figure out what to do next.
The following scenarios refer to individuals who are NOT qualified to petition for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Someone with enough money to repay creditors
The first thing that usually determines who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy St Charles MO is if the bankruptcy court sees that you are capable of paying your creditors with the money you currently have.
Your answer to the following questions helps determine your Chapter 7 eligibility:
- Is your income high enough?
- Do you have enough disposable income?
- How much extra money do you have every month?
Someone recently discharged from bankruptcy
Another situation that determines that you’re somebody who can’t file Chapter 7 bankruptcy St Charles MO is when you’ve only recently received a bankruptcy discharge.
Per the Bankruptcy Code, you can’t file for bankruptcy if you’ve been discharged from a Chapter 7 case within the past 8 years or a Chapter 13 bankruptcy case within the last 6 years.
Someone with a case dismissed by the bankruptcy court within the last 180 days
To make sure you don’t fall under individuals who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy St Charles MO, you should not have a bankruptcy case dismissed by a United States court due to any of these reasons:
- You disobeyed a court order
- The court ruled that your petition is fraudulent and/or abuses the United States bankruptcy system
- You requested the dismissal after a creditor asked for relief from the automatic stay
Someone who defrauded his/her creditors
If the court finds out that you tried to cheat your creditors by hiding some of your assets to prevent them from being liquidated, then it makes you somebody who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy St Charles MO.
The actions specified below are considered red flags to most creditors:
- Selling assets to your family and friends for significantly below their market value
- Incurring debts for luxury goods without having the means to pay them off
- Concealing money or properties from your business partner
- Not being truthful about your income and debts during the application
Call our St. Charles, MO bankruptcy lawyer now!
There are many reasons that explain how someone could suddenly be in so much debt. May it be mountains of credit card debt or some unpaid student loan debt, it can really make your credit score suffer and lead to so much stress for you and your loved ones.
Fortunately, Westbrook Law Group, LLC has a proven track record of providing excellent legal services on countless bankruptcy cases. Our team of bankruptcy lawyers has successfully helped thousands of individuals recover from their financial issues successfully.
So If you seek trustworthy legal advice on who cant file Chapter 7 bankruptcy St Charles MO, visit our law office today to avail yourself of FREE initial consultation from a Missouri bankruptcy attorney.